Steps to Filing a Government Claim in West Virginia

If injured in a car accident with a government vehicle and you are entitled to file a claim, there are certain steps that must be taken. Injury lawyers in Clarksburg, WV, may be able to help if the accident was caused by distracted driving or any type of negligent behavior.

Steps to File a Claim against the Government

The first step is to fill out a claim form, which can be obtained by the public agency responsible. Because the timeframe is usually short, it might be a good idea to send it certified mail so you can prove it was submitted.

The second step is to await a reply. If your claim is approved, you can expect your damages to be paid. If not, you most likely will want to secure legal representation.

The final step would be to file your claim with the U.S. District Court. Keep in mind that in some circumstances it can be difficult to sue if you were involved in a car accident with a government vehicle. Talking with a lawyer can help you better understand your rights.

Seeking Help from Injury Lawyers in Clarksburg WV

For help learning the legal options that may be available, contact an injury lawyer at The Miley Legal Group at 1-877-652-1031. We can help if you believe negligence was the cause of your car accident with a government vehicle.

Author Bio

Tim Miley is the Founder of Miley Legal Accident Injury Lawyers, a West Virginia personal injury law firm he formed in 2006. With more than 30 years of experience in personal injury law, he is dedicated to representing clients in a wide range of personal injury cases, including car accidents, trucking accidents, motorcycle accidents, brain injuries, wrongful death, and other personal injury matters.

Tim received his Juris Doctor from Duquesne University and is a member of the West Virginia State Bar and the Harrison County Bar Association. He has helped his clients win more than $10 million in personal injury verdicts and settlements and has further served the people of West Virginia by filling legislative roles in the state’s government since 2004.

LinkedIn | State Bar Association | Avvo | Google