Navigating Medical Bills After an Injury: How to Pay for Medical Care

You may be concerned about how you will pay your medical bills if you are injured. But you can pay them by doing the following things.

Submit bills to the health insurance company.

Suppose you have health insurance through your or your spouse’s employment, then I suggest you submit your medical expenses to your health insurance company.

Now, some health insurance companies will tell you they won’t pay those expenses because you’ve been involved in a car wreck or some other type of accident or incident that has caused you injuries. 

That’s ridiculous.

Submit your medical bills to your health insurance company. And if they refuse to pay, call your attorney to ensure they pay, as they’re bound to pay them.

Use medical bills payment coverage.

You may have to look at your automobile insurance if you don’t have health insurance and you’ve been in a car wreck because you may have medical payments coverage.

What does that mean? 

It means you have paid for insurance coverage to help you pay for medical expenses.

Get a letter written by an attorney.

How will you pay your medical bills if you don’t have health and medical payments insurance?

You may only be able to pay them once your case is resolved. So hiring a lawyer to represent you for your injury claim is essential. 

That lawyer can send a letter to the doctors, hospitals, physical therapists, and chiropractors, asking them to withhold collection on medical expenses until your case has been resolved.

Most doctors, chiropractors, physical therapists, and hospitals are glad to hold off if your lawyer commits.

So if you’ve been injured and don’t have health insurance or medical payments coverage, you can still ensure that your medical costs are not getting turned over by contacting an attorney.

Ask that attorney to write a letter indicating that you are in the middle of a claim. And you will pay those medical expenses when your claim is finished. 

I hope this answers your question.