What are the most common injuries during a West Virginia hunting accident that involves a fall from a tree stand?
Miley Legal Group
The most common injuries during a West Virginia hunting accident that involves a fall from a tree stand are typically those that affect the head, neck or back. Most falls of this nature lead to severe injuries because of the height from which a hunter can plunge.
Contact a Clarksburg hunting accident lawyer today if you have suffered injuries in a West Virginia hunting accident. They can help you learn more about your legal options.
Common Hunting Accident Injuries Involving a Tree Stand Fall
After a tree stand fall, a hunter may suffer:
- spinal cord injuries (fractures, paralysis);
- broken arms or legs;
- internal injuries (if a belt or rope tightens around the middle);
- torn or strained muscles and ligaments;
- head injury (including traumatic brain injury); and
Many of these injuries can cause disfigurement or permanent disability, resulting in long-term rehabilitation and mounting medical bills.
Tree stand fall fatalities are often preventable and can be the result of:
- faulty equipment;
- a defective tree stand;
- failure to wear a safety harness;
- falling asleep in the tree stand;
- loss of balance;
- improper installation of tree stand;
- structural failure (resulting in a collapse or falling away from tree);
- rotted wood;
- nails or screws pull out of steps; and
- limbs breaking off the tree.
If you have suffered injuries from a tree stand fall because of a defective product or other form of negligence, contact a Clarksburg hunting accident lawyer. They can evaluate the facts in your case and help determine if liability for your injuries rests with another party.
Defective products could result in a product liability claim. If another hunter improperly set up a tree stand, it could result in a personal injury claim. You may be able to receive compensation for the injuries you have sustained after your West Virginia hunting accident.
Contact a Clarksburg Hunting Accident Attorney
The Miley Legal Group will work with you to fight for the compensation you deserve and help you to move on with your life. Contact us today to schedule a no-cost consultation – 304-326-1800.