What are some ways to prevent a dog bite attack in West Virginia?
Miley Legal Group
While there is no guarantee that you can prevent a dog bite attack in West Virginia from happening, there are some things you can do to help. If you have been injured because of a dog bite attack in West Virginia, you should speak with a Bridgeport dog bite lawyer to learn what you can do next in order to protect your legal rights.
Here are some safety tips that can help prevent a dog bite attack in West Virginia:
- never run from a dog;
- never make a lot of noise around a dog (yell and scream);
- don’t approach dogs that you are not familiar with;
- if a strange dog approaches you, remain as still as you can;
- avoid eye contact with the dog;
- if a dog knocks you down, roll into a ball and lie still;
- if you see a stray dog or any dog displaying aggressive or unusual behavior, report it; and
- never bother a dog that is eating, sleeping or has puppies.
While these safety tips can help, you may still find yourself the victim of a dog bite attack in West Virginia. If so, you may have the right to receive compensation for your bodily and emotional injuries.