What are some safety tips I can take with me on my turkey hunting trip in Clarksburg, W.V. to avoid an injury?
Miley Legal Group
A hunting injury can have painful and long-lasting effects. However, most hunting injuries are preventable if hunters follow guidelines and act appropriately.
If you are going turkey hunting in Clarksburg, an injury attorney from the Miley Legal Group offers up safety tips that can help you stay safe:
- always identify a turkey’s head before aiming your gun;
- never shoot at a sound or movement;
- wear orange when walking through the woods where there may be other hunters present;
- be sure your gun is in good working order before taking it out;
- before you leave, tell someone where you are going hunting and when you expect to be back;
- make yourself known in the area when hunting by blowing whistles or talking loudly;
- make sure children who are hunting with you are dressed appropriately in orange and are not allowed to handle a firearm;
- leave the safety on your gun until you are ready to use it;
- never leave a loaded gun unattended; and
- never shoot a gun into the air for no reason.
By following these safety tips, you can help ensure that you have a safe and fun turkey hunting experience this spring season. On the other hand, someone else may not be as careful as you and his or her negligent actions can cause serious, if not fatal, injuries. If this happens to you and you are left in a physical, emotional, or financial debacle, compensation may be available to attend to your medical costs and pain and suffering.
Need legal assistance in Clarksburg? Call an Injury Attorney
Recreation opportunities abound in West Virginia, but hunting can lead to potentially serious or fatal accidents. If you have been harmed because of somebody else’s negligence, don’t hesitate to seek justice. The Miley Legal Group will work with you to fight for the compensation you deserve and help you to move on with your life. Contact us today for a FREE consultation – 304-326-1800.