Do my medical bills have to exceed a certain amount before the insurance company pays in West Virginia?

Miley Legal Group

The deductible on insurance policies varies from policy to policy and from state to state, so you should consult with a Harrison County personal injury lawyer to see if your medical bills must exceed a certain amount before the insurance company pays.

Despite any deductibles, insurance adjusters will likely try to avoid paying your medical bills after a West Virginia accident. There’s a good chance they will divide your medical bills into 2 categories: treatment (hospital, medication, physical therapy, etc.) and diagnostic (MRI, x-ray, ambulance emergency room, etc.).

The diagnostic expenses are those the insurance adjusters will say don’t qualify as medical and should be disallowed. The insurance adjusters’ goal, after all, is to save the insurance company money. They’ll argue that expenses for treatment are the only expenses directly related to your injuries and therefore truly reflect your pain and suffering.

A Harrison County personal injury lawyer can help level the playing field with the insurance adjusters. They will go over the facts of your West Virginia accident to determine who was negligent and should be held accountable for your injuries and expenses. They will also analyze your insurance policy as well as that of any parties involved to see what coverage you may be eligible for.

Your Harrison County personal injury lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company to fight for fair compensation for your current and future medical needs related to your West Virginia accident. If an appropriate settlement can’t be reached, your attorney will be prepared to take action in court.

Contacting a Harrison County Personal Injury Lawyer

Insurance companies have lawyers working for them, so you should have a lawyer on your side. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a West Virginia accident, call the personal injury attorneys at The Miley Legal Group for a FREE consultation – 304-326-1800.