Are there special regulations for trucking companies? If so, who oversees them?
Miley Legal Group
An accident with a truck can lead to devastating consequences since a passenger vehicle is no match for a large commercial truck. Trucking companies have special regulations and they are overseen by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
The FMCSA puts much of the burden of responsibility for a trucker’s performance on the trucking companies that employ truckers. There are very specific regulations regarding operation of these large vehicles, some of which are listed below:
- Size and weight, route designations;
- Compatibility of state laws;
- Commercial motor carrier safety assistance program;
- Passenger carrier;
- Special training requirements;
- Controlled substances and alcohol use and testing;
- Commercial driver’s license standards;
- Safety fitness procedures;
- Minimum levels of financial responsibility for motor carriers;
- Rule-making procedures;
- Qualifications of drivers;
- Parts and accessories necessary for safe operation;
- Hours of service of drivers; and
- Inspection, repair and maintenance.
Trucking companies must adhere to these regulations and failure to act accordingly will result in penalty from FMCSA. In addition, if your Clarksburg truck accident lawyer is able to prove that a trucking company’s violation of the FMCSA regulations resulted in your accident and injuries, you may be eligible for compensation in a truck accident claim.
If you have been injured in a Clarksburg truck accident, you should contact a personal injury lawyer in Clarksburg. They can advise you of your rights and help you fight for the compensation that you may be due for any injuries you have sustained.
Contacting a Clarksburg Truck Accident Lawyer
When trucks collide with passenger cars, the results will likely be life-changing. Although there will be a lot of questions and important decisions to make during this time, choosing the right legal representation can help you make the most informed decisions possible while you seek compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. The Miley Legal Group in Clarksburg, West Virginia will work with you to fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a no cost consultation – 304-326-1800