Common Types of Birth Injuries in Clarksburg
When medical negligence causes a birth injury, the healthcare provider can be held liable for damages. A Clarksburg medical malpractice attorney will carefully evaluate your case to determine if you should proceed with filing a West Virginia medical malpractice claim.
Since medical malpractice can be a complicated area of law, it is important to have an experienced and knowledgeable Clarksburg birth injury attorney on your side. While you focus on the recovery of your baby, your attorney will work hard to collect evidence necessary to build a solid case.
There are some common types of birth injuries that can result from medical negligence, including:
- Caput succedaneum – swelling or bruising of the scalp.
- Cephalohematoma – bleeding underneath the skull.
- Bruising & lacerations – a result of traumatic use of vacuum extraction or forceps.
- Fractures – this can commonly affect the arms or legs.
- Facial paralysis – a result of damaged facial nerves.
- Brachial plexus palsy – a result of nerve damage.
If your child has suffered a serious birth injury, you may be entitled to recover damages through a West Virginia medical malpractice claim. A Clarksburg medical malpractice attorney will explain all the legal options that you may have available.
Contacting a Clarksburg Birth Injury Attorney
The Miley Legal Group will work with you to fight for the compensation you deserve and help you to move on with your life. Contact us today to schedule a no-cost consultation – 304-326-1800.