Hunter Safety in Clarksburg
Another way to increase hunter safety in West Virginia is to take a safety course. This is another new requirement in the state of West Virginia for new hunters. The 10-hour hunter safety education course is mandatory. There are other safety courses that you can look into which are specific to your needs, such as learning gun safety.
Hunter safety in West Virginia can also be increased by always remaining alert and aware of your surroundings. Be sure to keep your eyes and ears open for other hunters. Hunters can be found in a number of spots, such as in tree stands, in forest clearings or even in the thick of the forest.
Gun and Bow Safety in West Virginia
Gun safety in West Virginia is vital, since the state is considered as one of the most dangerous in the country for gun-related accidents. Whether you use a gun or bow, there are measures you can take to avoid a hunting accident in West Virginia.
Some tips for gun and bow safety in West Virginia include:
- always treat weapons as if they are loaded;
- know your target and what is beyond it;
- never shoot an arrow or bullet at a hard, flat surface;
- store ammunition separately from your weapon;
- be sure your weapon is not loaded when not in use;
- don’t attempt to climb something or jump while holding a loaded weapon;
- never point a weapon at someone but instead point it in a safe direction; and
- avoid consuming drugs or alcohol before and during the use of a weapon.
While you may do all you can to demonstrate hunter safety in West Virginia, unfortunately, the negligence of another may lead to serious injuries. When this happens, it may be in your best interests to consult with a Clarksburg hunting accident attorney.
How a Clarksburg Hunting Accident Attorney Can Help You
After you’ve suffered serious injury in a hunting accident in West Virginia, the Miley Legal Group will work with you to fight for the compensation you deserve and help you to move on with your life. Contact us today to schedule a no-cost consultation – 304-326-1800.