What if you have been a Victim of a Prescription Error?
Miley Legal Group
What if you are the victim of a prescription error in West Virginia? In an effort to help prevent prescription errors, the 5 “R”s of prescription medication safety have been developed. These 5 rules guide both healthcare providers and patients.
If you have been seriously injured because of a prescription error in West Virginia, you may be eligible to file a West Virginia medical malpractice claim. A West Virginia medical malpractice lawyer can help you determine if your case warrants a medical malpractice claim or what your other legal options may be.
The 5 “R”s of prescription medication safety are:
- Right Medication – making sure it is the right type of medication ordered for the patient.
- Right Dosage – ensuring the right amount is given to the patient, including daily dosing requirements and duration of treatment.
- Right Patient – ensuring the medication is being given to the right patient.
- Right Time – knowing the right time of day to take medication and if it should be taken with food or water.
- Right Route – how the medication should be taken whether swallowed, chewed, intravenously, etc.
Prescriptions errors can result in serious or fatal injuries. You can learn more about prescription drug errors and filing a West Virginia medical malpractice claim by visiting our article library.
Contacting a West Virginia Medical Malpractice Lawyer
If you have been injured because of a prescription error and are thinking about filing a West Virginia medical malpractice claim, you should speak to a medical malpractice lawyer in West Virginia.
The Miley Legal Group will fight for the compensation you deserve and help you move on with your life. Contact us today to schedule a no-cost consultation – 304-326-1800