By the Numbers: Truck Accident Statistics You Should Know
Miley Legal Group
We’ve all had a moment driving down the street when we see a semi-truck turned over with a car smashed by its side. You might think this could never happen to you, but the statistics show that it can.
Recent truck accident statistics
Truck accident statistics:
- Seventy-four thousands people were injured and 3,380 people were killed in crashes involving large trucks in 2009;
- Commercial vehicles and large trucks account for more than 500,000 accidents annually;
- When a large truck is involved in a fatal crash with a car, the driver of the car is killed nearly 98% of the time;
- Seventy-eight percent of truck accidents occur on the weekend;
- Fourteen percent of truck accidents cause cargo to spill;
- Six percent of truck accidents cause open flames to occur; and
- The average cost of medical bills and property damage in truck accidents is $91,112.
As you can see, no one is immune from being hurt or even killed in a truck accident. A Clarksburg truck accident attorney from The Miley Legal Group can help you file a claim if you or your loved one is the victim of a truck accident. Contact us today to find out how to get the compensation you deserve – (304) 326-1800.