Reducing the Risk of a Motorcycle Accident
Miley Legal Group
Although you may not be able to prevent a West Virginia motorcycle accident from happening, you may be able to reduce the risks. Knowing some of the common causes of motorcycle accidents can help you to be proactive about your own safety and that of your passengers.
Listed below are some ways that you can reduce the risk of a West Virginia motorcycle accident:
- Look ahead in the road for conditions that are unsafe or debris that may be in the way.
- Don’t speed or weave through traffic.
- Be aware that motor vehicles may not yield the right-of-way to you.
- Wear reflective clothing or bright clothing that makes you easier to see.
- Try to avoid driving in bad weather.
- Wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective/heavy clothing designed for motorcycle riding.
- Look carefully before proceeding through an intersection.
- Watch for cars making right or left-hand turns.
- Avoid riding in a driver’s blind spot.
- Use headlamps during the day and night.
- Check your motorcycle regularly for any defective equipment or repairs that are needed.
- Take a motorcycle training class.
- Be aware and attentive of your surroundings.
While you may do all you can to reduce the risk of a motorcycle accident, a driver’s negligence may still lead to you being injured. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact a Harrison County motorcycle accident attorney to discuss issues of liability and your potential for an injury claim.
To learn more about the common causes of motorcycle accidents and the type of injuries that typically occur with a West Virginia motorcycle crash, visit our article library.
Contacting a Harrison County Motorcycle Accident Attorney
When motorcycles collide with passenger cars, the results will likely be life-changing. Although there will be a lot of questions and important decisions to make during this time, choosing the right legal representation can help you make the most informed decisions possible while you seek compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. The Miley Legal Group in Clarksburg, West Virginia will work with you to fight for the compensation you deserve and help you to move on with your life. Contact us today for a no cost consultation – 304-326-1800