5 Ways to Avoid Injuries this Winter in Clarksburg, West Virginia
Miley Legal Group
Winter’s ice and snow often can lead to an injury accident in Clarksburg. Preventing winter injuries before an accident happens is the best approach to staying active and healthy this winter. But when an injury occurs, you may want to talk to an experienced West Virginia accident lawyer, who may be able to help you get the resources you need to get back on your feet again.
5 Preventive Techniques to Avoid Winter Injuries in Clarksburg
Remembering to follow some simple techniques as the cold, ice and snow begin may help you remain injury-free this winter.
- Dressing: Remember to wear layers and stay as dry as possible to avoid hypothermia or frostbite.
- Walking: Take shorter steps, slow your pace and wear shoes with traction.
- Heating: Be sure to use fuel-burning heaters only in ventilated spaces and have working carbon monoxide monitors.
- Shoveling: Push, instead of lift, snow, pace yourself and listen to your body.
- Driving: Drive slowly and keep a safe distance between the car ahead of you.
Even though you may be practicing safety, others may not. If you become the victim of a serious accident in Clarksburg due to someone else’s negligent behavior, contact a West Virginia accident attorney to pursue an injury claim.